CORPORATE SECRETARY (IHUK BOARD)
Title: Corporate Secretary (IHUK Board)
Type: Voluntary (with expenses covered)
Time Requirement: 10-14 days per annum
Location: Home-based, with occasional travel
Closing Date: 27th February 2024
The role of Volunteer Corporate Secretary is a key participant of Ice Hockey UK’s (IHUK) Board, supporting the Chair of the Board and the CEO of IHUK with the delivery of an effective and high-quality company secretarial service to the Board, Committees and governance framework.
What will your essential responsibilities include?
Working closely with the Chair, CEO and Chairs of Board Committees at IHUK and other members as appropriate, your responsibilities will include:
Board and Committee Support
- Assisting with the provision of company secretarial support to the Board, Board Committees, and other key executive committees of IHUK; organising and attending meetings, maintaining annual planners of key items for consideration and approval, preparing minutes, and tracking action points.
- Supporting the collection, collation, upload and distribution of board and committee papers.
- Providing support to Non-Executive Directors, including onboardings, Board inductions and tracking of training.
- Responsible for ensuring the maintenance of statutory records for the UK entities falling within the remit of the Company Secretary, including the timely submission of statutory filings in alignment with the Chair, CEO and Finance Director.
- Support corporate transactions as required, including drafting board resolutions and supporting briefing materials for directors.
- Assisting with the review and preparation of corporate governance related disclosures in financial statements and any regulatory reporting.
- Supporting knowledge management processes to ensure that the Company’s IHUK’s knowledge databases are up to date.
- Horizon scanning for changes in the corporate governance landscape.
- Assisting with the provision of corporate governance related advice and the implementation of corporate governance requirements in accordance with constitutional documents and IHUK Board/Committee procedures.
- Assisting with supporting the efficient management of the executive level of the governance framework so that information flows efficiently both ways and up to the Board as appropriate, and matters follow the appropriate governance pathways.
- Supporting the Chair and CEO on corporate governance-related special projects.
- Assisting with Company administrative tasks related to the activities of the Board and Committees.
- Managing the delivery of Board and Committee meeting pack reporting to members and stakeholders.
- You will report to the Chair and CEO of IHUK
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- Strong organisational skills
- Diary management
- Robust administration and minute writing skills
- Interpersonal Communication: excellent verbal and written communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative whilst being part of a wider team.
- Ability to prioritize conflicting needs, progress matters expeditiously and follow through on projects to successful completion.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with good decision-making capabilities.
Experience in a similar role is desirable but not essential, as additional training/mentoring is available during the role.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter (no more than one page) to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the closing date of 27th February 2024.