LYLE TO START AGAINST LATVIA
Basingstoke Bison netminder Stevie Lyle has been given the nod as starter for Great Britain's opening match of the Olympic pre-qualifiers (Group E) against hosts Latvia.
Lyle, who made his senior debut for GB in 1995, will win his 67th international cap.
Head coach Tony Hand said: "We needed to go with experience. It was a tough call though.
"We have two great netminders, but to throw Ben Bowns into such a big match with a massive crowd would be very tough.
"Stevie has played in these type of tournaments before and he will be important for us tonight."
GB had 45-minute training session this morning ahead of tonight's game.
The match, which faces-off at 5:30pm UK time, is expected to be a sell out with over 350 GB fans in the crowd.
Latest News Updates
- IHUK TO RUN ELITE LEAGUE OFFICIALS CAMP
- GB WOMEN'S TRIAL IN NOTTINGHAM A 'GREAT SUCCESS'
- INTERESTED IN BECOMING A REFEREE?
- PLEWS TAKES U16S ROLE
- SUCCESSFUL CAMP FOR GB U20S IN DUMFRIES
- OLYMPIC JOY FOR VERITY LEWIS
- GB INLINE BEATEN BY AUSTRALIA
- GB INLINE INTO SEMI-FINALS