LYLE TO START AGAINST LATVIA
Basingstoke Bison netminder Stevie Lyle has been given the nod as starter for Great Britain's opening match of the Olympic pre-qualifiers (Group E) against hosts Latvia.
Lyle, who made his senior debut for GB in 1995, will win his 67th international cap.
Head coach Tony Hand said: "We needed to go with experience. It was a tough call though.
"We have two great netminders, but to throw Ben Bowns into such a big match with a massive crowd would be very tough.
"Stevie has played in these type of tournaments before and he will be important for us tonight."
GB had 45-minute training session this morning ahead of tonight's game.
The match, which faces-off at 5:30pm UK time, is expected to be a sell out with over 350 GB fans in the crowd.
Latest News Updates
- GB WOMEN OPEN TRIALS
- EASTON APPOINTED GB U16S ASSISTANT COACH
- SCOTTISH ICE HOCKEY COACHING PROGRAMME
- STRUCTURE PROPSED FOR U20 LEAGUE IN THE UK
- WATKINS NAMED GB UNDER-20S HEAD COACH
- CHERYL SMITH & MICHELLE SMITH TO OVERSEE GB WOMEN’S PROGRAM
- WILKINSON APPOINTED COACH OF GB U16S
- IHUK APPOINTED TO ALLOCATE EIHL OFFICIALS