LYLE TO START AGAINST LATVIA
Basingstoke Bison netminder Stevie Lyle has been given the nod as starter for Great Britain's opening match of the Olympic pre-qualifiers (Group E) against hosts Latvia.
Lyle, who made his senior debut for GB in 1995, will win his 67th international cap.
Head coach Tony Hand said: "We needed to go with experience. It was a tough call though.
"We have two great netminders, but to throw Ben Bowns into such a big match with a massive crowd would be very tough.
"Stevie has played in these type of tournaments before and he will be important for us tonight."
GB had 45-minute training session this morning ahead of tonight's game.
The match, which faces-off at 5:30pm UK time, is expected to be a sell out with over 350 GB fans in the crowd.
Latest News Updates
- GET YOUR TICKETS QUICK!
- RUSSELL: GOOD START TO TRAINING CAMP
- GB U20S FACE SCOTTISH ELITE SELECT
- GB MEN IN LITHUANIA IN APRIL 2014
- HEAVEY: GREAT MIX OF YOUTH & EXPERIENCE
- GB TO FACE NETHERLANDS AHEAD OF WORLDS
- TOTTMAN 'HONOURED' BY OLYMPIC APPOINTMENT
- ANDERSON LOOKS AHEAD TO DUMFRIES